1. Open Rooms: Achieve this look by knocking down walls to open up your kitchen and adding windows.
2. Quartz Counter Tops: This hard mineral is the "perfect alternative to granite and marble for low maintenance and high durability" in the both the kitchen and bathroom.
3. The Color Green: The calming, earthier color is perfect for rooms, especially the bathroom.
4. Shaker-Style Kitchens: An organized, wood-paneled, cabinet-centric approach to design.
5. Dark Cabinetry and Floors: Darn natural and deep reddish-brown maple finishes.
6. Relax in style: Turn up the volume on in-home luxury, from spa-like bathrooms to wine cabinets.
7. High-tech Kitchens: Integrating more high-tech gadgetry into the kitchen.
8. Going Green: Being more eco-aware, from bamboo flooring to LED lighting, pull-out recycling bins, and a rise in both garbage disposals and trash compactors.
9. Remodel of the Bathroom Vanity: Remodels are taking a turn for the super-industrial look with finished metal to vessel sinks and integrated sink tops, in addition to double-dual sinks in master baths.
10. Hardwood Floors: Hardwood floors, as well as bamboo floors in kitchens and bathrooms.